Biomass Magazine Biomass Magazine
- EIA: Densified biomass fuel sales reach 930,000 tons in Decemberon 2021-04-16 at 20:35:41
The U.S. Energy Information Administration recently released data showing U.S. manufacturers produced approximately 760,000 tons of densified biomass fuel in December, with sales reaching 930,000 tons.
- EPA: No new SRE petitions filed for second consecutive monthon 2021-04-16 at 20:34:45
Data released by the U.S. EPA on April 15 shows that for the second consecutive month, no new SRE petitions have been filed with the agency. The EPA has also not taken any action on the 66 SRE petitions that have been pending since mid-February.
- United Airlines launches Eco-Skies Alliance programon 2021-04-16 at 20:33:30
United Airlines has announced the launch of its Eco-Skies Alliance program, under which more than a dozen leading global corporations will collectively contribute towards the purchase of approximately 3.4 million gallons of SAF this year.
- CharTech Solutions helps decarbonize for a circular economyon 2021-04-16 at 20:29:17
CharTech Solutions, an operating group of CHAR Technologies, has proprietary high-temperature pyrolysis (HTP) technology which converts woody-biomass and challenging organic waste streams into three renewable and valuable outputs.
- Wood pellets offer pragmatic solution to need for on-demand poweron 2021-04-15 at 22:04:00
A new FutureMetrics white paper explains why repurposing existing pulverized coal power plants to run on industrial wood pellets is a rational and pragmatic solution to generate on-demand electricity as we decarbonize the power sector.
- Canadian government invests in RNG-fueled buseson 2021-04-15 at 22:00:59
The Canadian government and the government of British Columbia will each invest more than $3.1 million to support a project that will replace diesel-fueled buses at the end of their useful life with busses fueled by CNG or RNG.
- Waga Energy to deploy landfill RNG technology in Quebecon 2021-04-15 at 21:59:18
Waga Energy has been enlisted by the Mauricie Residual Materials Management Board (RGMRM) to deploy its innovative gas upgrading solution at the Saint-Étienne-des-Grès landfill, in Quebec, for the production of landfill gas-based RNG.
- Avfuel: Telluride Regional Airport introduces SAF to Coloradoon 2021-04-15 at 21:56:44
In partnership with its branded fuel supplier, Avfuel Corp., Telluride Regional Airport became the first fixed base operator (FBO) in Colorado to make sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) available to its customers.
- DOE to hold webinar on $61.4 million FOA for biofuels on April 16on 2021-04-14 at 22:36:39
The DOE's Bioenergy Technologies Office has announced it will host a webinar on April 16 that will be of interest to those who may apply to topic area one of the agency’s recently announced $61.4 million FOA for biofuel and bioenergy projects.
- Axne: House infrastructure package should support biofuelson 2021-04-14 at 22:33:02
Rep. Cindy Axne, D-Iowa, on April 14 sent a letter to leaders of the U.S. House of Representatives and chairs of four House committees urging them to provide support for biofuels in the upcoming infrastructure package.
- RNG accounts for 53% of on-road NGV fuel use in 2020, up 25%on 2021-04-14 at 22:28:59
Natural Gas Vehicles for America (NGVAmerica) and Coalition for Renewable Natural Gas (RNG Coalition) have announced that 53 percent of all on-road fuel used in natural gas vehicles in calendar year 2020 was renewable natural gas (RNG).
- Neste, NuStar expand renewable fuel hub in Northern Californiaon 2021-04-14 at 22:26:12
Neste and NuStar Energy have announced that supply trucks are now able to load Neste MY Sustainable Aviation Fuel at the NuStar-operated Selby Terminal near San Francisco, California. The first gallons were delivered to Monterey Regional Airport.
- Biobased diesel is a proven climate change solutionon 2021-04-14 at 22:24:14
Industry leaders Neste, Renewable Energy Group and the National Biodiesel Board have affirmed the significant opportunity for biofuels in a carbon constrained future compared to electrification and other approaches.
- 2021 International Fuel Ethanol Workshop & Expo agenda releasedon 2021-04-14 at 17:13:58
Ethanol Producer Magazine has announced the preliminary agenda for the 2021 International Fuel Ethanol Workshop & Expo (FEW) taking place July 13-15, 2021 at the Iowa Events Center in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Drax completes acquisition of Pinnacleon 2021-04-14 at 00:00:45
Drax Group plc announced on April 13 that it has completed the previously announced acquisition of Pinnacle Renewable Energy Inc. The transaction increases Drax’s annual wood pellet production capacity to 4.9 million metric tons from 2022.
- Bioenergy companies urge Biden to set GHG reduction goalon 2021-04-13 at 23:17:54
Drax Group plc, Enviva and Vanguard Renewables are among 310 businesses and investors that have signed an open letter to President Biden urging his administration to reduce GHG emissions by at least 50 percent below 2005 levels by 2030.
- Biomass accounts for half of Georgia’s renewable power in 2020on 2021-04-13 at 23:04:46
In 2020, Georgia generated 5.8 million megawatthours (MWh) of electricity from biomass, or about 10 percent of the nation’s total, the second most of any state according to EIA’s Electric Power Monthly.
- Air bp scores a hattrick of SAF projects at 3 new UK locationson 2021-04-13 at 23:00:34
Air bp has recently supplied sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) to three airports in the UK: dedicated business aviation airport, London Biggin Hill, Airbus owned Hawarden airport in Flintshire, North Wales, and Centreline FBO, in Bristol.
- LanzaJet awards EPC contracts to Zeton, Burns & McDonnellon 2021-04-13 at 22:56:42
LanzaJet has awarded an EPC contract to Zeton for the fabrication and construction of its alcohol-to-jet facility in Soperton, Georgia, and contracted with Burns & McDonnell to provide engineering design for utilities and infrastructure at the site.
- Drax: BECCS offers less expensive way to meet UK climate goalson 2021-04-12 at 21:46:25
Drax Group plc released the results of a new study on April 12 that shows its planned BECSS projects will save the U.K. more than £4.5 billion ($6.18 billion) over the next decade as the country works to meet its climate goals.